weekend
The weather was fantastic this weekend -- and, we managed to avoid any first sunburns of the season, which was a plus.
We tried to go and see the cherry blossoms down near the National Mall on Saturday, but even by 9.15 it was a total madhouse, so we came up with Plan B, the National Arboretum. It's in a slightly scruffy part of town and tends to be a bit quiet as a result. We didn't have the place to ourselves, but it was close. I even ran into a former client who now lives in New Mexico but was visiting DC, and had a quick grumble about how crap the system with which we were involved really is. After Rr's nap we took a spin by a nearby house that seemed okay for purchase, and then hit a local park and then a burrito shop...
As for Sunday, R threw us all out in the late morning so that she could clean, and so I took the children to another nearby park. I went and returned with two undamaged children which is always a good thing. More napping and then a later afternoon trip to take L and Rr to see their great-grandparents...
We tried to go and see the cherry blossoms down near the National Mall on Saturday, but even by 9.15 it was a total madhouse, so we came up with Plan B, the National Arboretum. It's in a slightly scruffy part of town and tends to be a bit quiet as a result. We didn't have the place to ourselves, but it was close. I even ran into a former client who now lives in New Mexico but was visiting DC, and had a quick grumble about how crap the system with which we were involved really is. After Rr's nap we took a spin by a nearby house that seemed okay for purchase, and then hit a local park and then a burrito shop...
As for Sunday, R threw us all out in the late morning so that she could clean, and so I took the children to another nearby park. I went and returned with two undamaged children which is always a good thing. More napping and then a later afternoon trip to take L and Rr to see their great-grandparents...

<< Home