plico
The only pets we have are fish: R is allergic to cats and dogs, which is sad for her inasmuch as she actually would like furry pets. I grew up with dogs, intermittently, but am completely uninterested in owning one now.
Anyway, about 5 years ago I got a fishtank for R for her birthday, and one of the original inhabitants finally snuffed it overnight. It was a plico, which is a bottom feeder, and L called it "mouth fish" before she could remember plico. Generally speaking the fish are an organic calming mechanism, but we all liked the plico -- but since part of its charm was a combination of being very jumpy and obsessive - compulsive, I wonder what that says about us. More specifically, about me and why the missus likes me.
Anyway, goodbye plico, and best of luck wherever you are now, even if it's just re-entering the nitrogen cycle at the side of our house.
Anyway, about 5 years ago I got a fishtank for R for her birthday, and one of the original inhabitants finally snuffed it overnight. It was a plico, which is a bottom feeder, and L called it "mouth fish" before she could remember plico. Generally speaking the fish are an organic calming mechanism, but we all liked the plico -- but since part of its charm was a combination of being very jumpy and obsessive - compulsive, I wonder what that says about us. More specifically, about me and why the missus likes me.
Anyway, goodbye plico, and best of luck wherever you are now, even if it's just re-entering the nitrogen cycle at the side of our house.

<< Home