anger
One of my favorite phrases for work purposes is "to throw under the bus" -- the fine art of publicly assigning all blame to one or more people when you had a part in creating the problem. I had a meeting on Wednesday where two of the clients completed a masterful bus-fling of me, flat out accusing me of making changes (to a document) that were in no way approved by them, and that were so heinous as to have set the document back to the point than it was worse than before it had even existed...
Mind you, they had approved all these changes the day before, case by case.
There were a couple of errors in the document, but as it turned out, they weren't that bad. Did this get mentioned in front of the broader group? It did not.
I have rarely been so angry with clients... to the extent that when their boss called to find out what I was doing to the fix the document, I in fact used the magical throwing-under-the-bus phrase to describe her staff's behaviour... I need a proper job.
Mind you, they had approved all these changes the day before, case by case.
There were a couple of errors in the document, but as it turned out, they weren't that bad. Did this get mentioned in front of the broader group? It did not.
I have rarely been so angry with clients... to the extent that when their boss called to find out what I was doing to the fix the document, I in fact used the magical throwing-under-the-bus phrase to describe her staff's behaviour... I need a proper job.

<< Home