Wednesday, March 29, 2006

the bureaucratic mind

The Audi failed inspection today. The registration expires tomorrow. The city will grant a 5 day extension for repairs, but only on the day of expiry. So I have to go back tomorrow for the third day running. None of this makes much sense, but no matter how early I had tried this, the total amount of running around wouldn't have varied much. Still, being told at 5 pm to come back tomorrow for a 3 minute visit is a bit maddening.

It's also unfortunate inasmuch as the time spent making the round trip tomorrow (a distance of roughly 32 miles / 51 km) is time that the car can't be at the dealer... oh yes, no independent can book you in that fast, so I'm back to dealing with the high rollers. Since the cylinder 3 misfire could be wires, the spark plug, the alternator, or the distributor, this visit could be another doozy.

Ah well, that's my punishment for procrastination. Speaking of, I either have to finish some document edits or get some sleep, and currently sleep is winning. Buenos Noches.