Fusion
As part of a marketing campaign, I got a gillette fusion in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Plainly I was to be impressed by this engineering marvel with five (5!) blades. There's a sixth blade around the back for shaving under the nose or other places that you couldn't cram the enormous set of main blades...
Anyway, it really did work well, but with the now hopelessly old and outdated Mach3 (only three blades!) running at $1 / unit, I pale to think what the new ones must cost. I don't doubt the engineering work that went into the new design is a big part of the price, but the bottom line is that it's just for scraping hair and dead skin off my face... how good does it really need to be?
Anyway, it really did work well, but with the now hopelessly old and outdated Mach3 (only three blades!) running at $1 / unit, I pale to think what the new ones must cost. I don't doubt the engineering work that went into the new design is a big part of the price, but the bottom line is that it's just for scraping hair and dead skin off my face... how good does it really need to be?

<< Home