Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Wasting my own time...

I have to listen in on a conference call tomorrow morning (technically, this morning, in about 7.5 hours). I thought I would synch my Palm to Outlook for the dial-in information. My work laptop wouldn't connect to the wireless network in the house when I brought it out of sleep mode. This usually means the IP address has updated with my ISP, but the old IP address is still lodged (watch out for the technical explanation!) in the wireless router.

So, off to the basement for the router - cable modem pas de deux, and while I'm at it: check various email accounts, and work on a longish upcoming post, and have a quick look at a couple of websites. Then return to the living room, reboot the laptop, and synch the palm.

Elapsed time: not telling.

Web 2.0? What I need is kick-in-the-ass-1.0 and pencil-and-paper-0.1.