Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fast cars

I have an unhealthy interest in cars. Admitting the problem is supposed to be first step in resolving it, but no luck as of yet.

Usually the drive to work doesn't bring anything that interesting to look at, despite going through a couple of high-rent neighbourhoods.

Today however, I saw a shiny new Ferrari F430 and then an even shinier, newer Bentley Continental Flying Spur, within about 3 minutes and several hundred feet of one another. Gracious. I bet that the ability to go over 195 mph in either of these must be pretty handy of a Thursday morning's commute.

I suppose I shouldn't be petty. I can't quite get to grips with the idea of using that much fuel to get to work, but obviously others can.

I am however sufficiently ready to ease into middle age to admit that if handed one of each of those cars, I would sell them both, get a proper Bentley for the weekends, and a Honda Civic Hybrid for trundling about the place the rest of the time.