Friday, March 10, 2006

too much music

I went to rip new CDs onto iTunes tonight (just kidding RIAA!) and discovered that the 30GB hard-drive of my ancient laptop had only 1.1 GB of space left. Plainly I needed to prune a bit, so I ditched almost all of the kid's music, all Gang of Four (I know that they're good but it just doesn't do it for me), and Sandinista by the Clash (what a stinker...)

My first criterion for deletion was whether or not I had ever listened to a song, and surprisingly my use of a smart-list to hear unplayed songs has been very effective in covering most of the ground. Surprisingly, inasmuch as you would think it would take more time to get through over 3800 songs at no more than 2 hours a day, Monday through Friday, not allowing for time spent listening to specific albums ad infinitem.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to listening to the new tunes.