Tuesday, March 07, 2006

poor use of time

This evening brought with it a command performance: Attendance of a “works” dinner for the project on which I’ve been slaving away. People were making an effort to be sociable and, unlike me, most of them were successful. I have a hard time pretending that this is a way I want to spend my evenings (”No really, why would I have had enough time with you working through the day today? Let’s go and get some average Italian food, and try to think of safe, non-work relared topics!)

It wasn't actually that bad. I was bitter because not only do prefer to avoid events like this, but I got lost en route, even though the restaurant was only 2 miles from office and right at the side of the road. To add to my good mood, I got a call from L while I was driving around lost, so that she could tell me that she missed me.