Tuesday, November 08, 2005

more Holiday tat!

Now that the shopping season is getting into high gear, we're getting a lot more catalogues full of stuff that we generally don't need. The funny part is the number of them that come to L, as a result of her having received gifts sent directly by various grandparents.

Depending on the day we sometimes get three duplicates (I mean you, Land's End); one each for me, L, and R. L also gets a fair number of catalogues from Hanna Andersson, purveyors of grandma crack. Oddly, L never gets the sale ones, perhaps because she's too busy getting the jewellry and furs catalogue from Nordstroms. (Why? SHE'S THREE!?!)

It's just as bad online. I am now getting emails from Ben Sherman (leave me alone, I told you I'm too fat for your fitted bloody shirts) and Amazon (not content with losing money on books, today they were trying to sell me concentrated detergent).

However, the biggest load of crap was from Levenger, from whom I bought a pen several years ago before they decided to outfit McMansions:
- Enjoy a handsome, ready-made bar that can fit in small spaces. The Hideaway Wine Bar comes with a nickelplated ice bucket, holds 10 wine bottles and about a dozen glasses, and has a top that flips open to a laminated prep surface.
- The Calabria Guest Book has a cover of rich Italian pigskin embossed with "Guests." It offers 208 acid-free, gilt-edged pages with lines for over 1,800 signatures.
- Have an elegant folding table for serving drinks in your living room. The Entertainment Campaign Tray has a sturdy, leather-wrapped wooden folding table and removable tray.
- The Double Wine Steward gives you a rich leather case to tote two bottles of wine to a gathering or to present a pair as a gift.
Do you suppose it might spoil the Hideaway Bar if I puked in it?