smell
Funny how the sense of smell can trigger such vivid memories. A couple of Fridays ago I was in a freight elevator at a client site (fastest way to the basement coffee shop). It opened to a loading dock so it was pretty chilly and it felt and smelled exactly like the unheated extension to the house my father's parents used to have in Fife.
Last Friday it was warmer but still smelled the same... given how awful my grandmother's cooking was, I now wonder about the actual source of the food at the coffee shop (i.e. pet food, repurposed? We were never quite sure where she got anything that wasn't baked, her only culinary skill.)
Last Friday it was warmer but still smelled the same... given how awful my grandmother's cooking was, I now wonder about the actual source of the food at the coffee shop (i.e. pet food, repurposed? We were never quite sure where she got anything that wasn't baked, her only culinary skill.)

<< Home