More shopping excitement
Perhaps because we now spend our money on extravagances like diapers, there hasn't been quite the same influx of Christmas catalogs as I expected in the wake of the initial deluge.
That doesn't mean that we haven't had some interesting things to look at though. My personal favorite for food stuffs -- vegetarians, look away now -- is the 17 lb / 7.7 kilo lump of prosciutto from Dean & Deluca. I looooove prosciutto, but the circumstances that would prompt me to get US$300 worth of if -- as a stocking stuffer, perhaps -- are hard to imagine.
On the freakier end, we keep getting Sharper Image catalogs and their frankly disturbing animatronic chimp. What (or who) in god's name is this for, Michael Jackson wanna-be's who can' t afford exotic pets? L actually found it and was making interested noises, so I shrieked loudly and then distracted her with a stick covered in ants. And that didn't cost me a penny!
Still, I should be pleased that while L is perusing the one toy catalog we didn't hide in time, she hasn't come across the even more frightening Amazing Amanda doll. I find the idea of a talking doll triggered by Bluetooth toys to be horrifying in so many ways... we barely get a moment's peace and Rr isn't actually talking yet; the appeal of spending that money to have my daughter bond with an inanimate object that prattles endlessly... I'd probably buy the prosciutto also, so that I could knock some sense into my own head.
No, that's not true. I'd outsource that to the missus; go with the experience on the CV!
That doesn't mean that we haven't had some interesting things to look at though. My personal favorite for food stuffs -- vegetarians, look away now -- is the 17 lb / 7.7 kilo lump of prosciutto from Dean & Deluca. I looooove prosciutto, but the circumstances that would prompt me to get US$300 worth of if -- as a stocking stuffer, perhaps -- are hard to imagine.
On the freakier end, we keep getting Sharper Image catalogs and their frankly disturbing animatronic chimp. What (or who) in god's name is this for, Michael Jackson wanna-be's who can' t afford exotic pets? L actually found it and was making interested noises, so I shrieked loudly and then distracted her with a stick covered in ants. And that didn't cost me a penny!
Still, I should be pleased that while L is perusing the one toy catalog we didn't hide in time, she hasn't come across the even more frightening Amazing Amanda doll. I find the idea of a talking doll triggered by Bluetooth toys to be horrifying in so many ways... we barely get a moment's peace and Rr isn't actually talking yet; the appeal of spending that money to have my daughter bond with an inanimate object that prattles endlessly... I'd probably buy the prosciutto also, so that I could knock some sense into my own head.
No, that's not true. I'd outsource that to the missus; go with the experience on the CV!

<< Home