Monday, December 05, 2005

That was the weekend that was...

So as noted previously, L was a little under the weather on Thursday and Friday. We were a little optimistic about the speed of her recovery and she was dragged to Saturday morning swimming lesson and then a late morning birthday party.

In the mid-afternoon though R was smacked down by the same virus, leaving the girls in my hands. This meant that they saw rather more of the USC - UCLA game than might have been considered optimal, but there you go. I managed to get them fed and bathed without trouble, but the bedtime -- a highly routinized production -- was a bit of a fiasco once it became clear we were deviating from standard operating procedures.

Still, everyone was generally better today, no doubt aided by the mild temperatures (roughly 10 C / 50 F) and the opportunity to get out for a breath of fresh air.

I'm glad that everyone's back to operational status (more or less) but I could do without the forecast of several inches of snow to celebrate. I was outside a short while ago getting the trash and recycling out of the house, and it smelled like snow, so perhaps they're onto something for a change...