Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dome-tastic

This weekend brought a trip to see R's sister and her family in their shiny new geodesic dome, built in the New Jersey countryside (not an oxymoron in the south of the state). This dome website is representative of the general look (it's not the one we went to, obviously).

I can't say that living in a dome or in the countryside would be appealing to me, but they seem very pleased, so good for them. I have been interested that the vox pop back at my office during the "what did you do this weekend" conversations was completely anti-dome (looks funny, etc.)

Plainly I'm out of the mainstream because building the dome seemed mildly out of left field rather than totally bizarre; like my Oregon-based brother, my reaction was that if R's sister and family were really hard-core, they would have built a yurt.