if you want to go out...
R and I were having a terrible time coming up with Christmas gifts for one another, and we ended up doing something that will probably make a one-time present seem a bargain: we agreed to one proper meal out per month in 2007.
Our debut was this past Saturday, and the bar has been set pretty high. Usually when we go out for your actual three course meal at least one course proves to be ho-hum, but this was all pretty good -- in my case, the spinach and feta salad, the duck risotto, and the ricotta cheesecake. I'd have liked a little more of the blood orange syrup on the cheesecake, but that's just me.
Afterwards I tore through the music section at the local Borders, and also picked up a book called The Ghost Map, about the mapping of an 1854 cholera epidemic in London and how it led to real advances in epidemiology as well as the mechanisms of a cholera outbreak... all part of 2007's "read more" campaign.
Our debut was this past Saturday, and the bar has been set pretty high. Usually when we go out for your actual three course meal at least one course proves to be ho-hum, but this was all pretty good -- in my case, the spinach and feta salad, the duck risotto, and the ricotta cheesecake. I'd have liked a little more of the blood orange syrup on the cheesecake, but that's just me.
Afterwards I tore through the music section at the local Borders, and also picked up a book called The Ghost Map, about the mapping of an 1854 cholera epidemic in London and how it led to real advances in epidemiology as well as the mechanisms of a cholera outbreak... all part of 2007's "read more" campaign.

<< Home