Sunday, December 31, 2006

Here's to 2007...

I had been going to undertake a lengthy year in review, but I just can't be bothered. When the worst you can say about a year is that your new job is a bit dull, and you should probably set a better budget, then materially there's nothing to complain about. I'm still overweight and unfit, and I'm not yet reading as much as I'd like, but I am being more calm with the missus and the children, of late anyway, and lo and behold domestic life has improved also.

What I am going to try for in 2007 is to do more interesting things. We have some friends who send an annual 4 page missive with their Christmas card and frankly I find out more about their year than 1) I needed to know, and 2) found out from talking to them. I don't share all of their key interests, but they are to be commended for getting out there and keeping up with their interests -- that's the source of inspiration, today at least.

What I do know is that we're going to Scotland in September for my brother's wedding, so that's one good thing on the list. And I'm thinking that it's time to finally cave and helping the missus get the house clutter under control so I don't have to hear about it, which would be fabulous and the absence of dull. I don't know why I have taken so long to work that out.

There's much more to think about for the year ahead, but I'm off upstairs for another glass of wine and will mull the rest over later. I hope that you, whomever you may be, have a fantastic year filled with happiness and health for everyone that you care about!