getting older
Yesterday was L's fourth birthday, and between Sunday's party and her daft parents and grandparents she made out like a bandit, as usual. I can't quite believe that she's turning into a real "big kid." She certainly arrived on the scene with a splash four years ago: she was 10 days late, and then after 24 hours of induced labor R had to have a c-section. And L's been unavoidable ever since!
Emotionally speaking, holding L for the first time was rather like being hit upside the head with a bat. I was unprepared for the switch-like nature of parental feeling. Even when she's driving me mad, which she does with skill and regularity, I love her to bits and I couldn't have asked for a better, funnier, kinder, more clever girl. (Which makes little Rr all the more amazing, lightning apparently does strike twice...)
Emotionally speaking, holding L for the first time was rather like being hit upside the head with a bat. I was unprepared for the switch-like nature of parental feeling. Even when she's driving me mad, which she does with skill and regularity, I love her to bits and I couldn't have asked for a better, funnier, kinder, more clever girl. (Which makes little Rr all the more amazing, lightning apparently does strike twice...)

<< Home