Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ch-ch-changes

All sorts of things are going on. My brother got engaged last week while he was in Vancouver with the (now) future missus -- and, great excitement, they are planning to get married in Scotland next summer. We had been thinking about taking the girls there next year anyway to see the 5 relatives I have there who are still living, so now we get a two-fer.

Today, I gave verbal notice that I am leaving megacorp, with formal notice to follow tomorrow. I've taken a job with even-more-megacorp, which will be interesting for a variety of reasons that I won't bore you with here -- seriously, I don't usually need any help killing conversations but when I do, work does the trick... Suffice to say that I've got tired of telling people what to do, and I'm going to try actually doing it for a change. It should help me remain employable, anyway. And my manager was very positive about the whole thing -- to my face, anyway, thereby proving that being dispensable really can be a plus in large companies...

And, last but not least, we've called off the house search... too many places that we didn't like for money we didn't feel like spending, so we'll try again next spring and see what else we either don't like or can't afford -- even after prices have dropped and interests rates gone up.