words words words
Rr has been having a verbal explosion lately to the extent that I haven't been able to keep up with jotting down her progress. We knew that things were about to take off a couple of months ago when she pointed at R, who had a towel wrapped around her hair, and said "ish is hat!" or, presumably, "this is hat."
My favorites thus far:
-- when we had to start using the air-conditioning: "Airplane!"
-- When asked if she liked a cookie:"I like it!"
-- Her favorite fruit: "wah-bee" (strawberry)
-- On hearing her mother's electric tooth brush starting: "Mommy teeth!"
I got home yesterday and got a couple of small pretzels to nibble since the kids had already eaten their dinner and we were about to throw them in the bath: Rr asked for a "petzel" and when I reflexively said what I say to L ("say please!"), so Rr said "petzel pease!"
Not bad for 18 months.
</parental showing off>
My favorites thus far:
-- when we had to start using the air-conditioning: "Airplane!"
-- When asked if she liked a cookie:"I like it!"
-- Her favorite fruit: "wah-bee" (strawberry)
-- On hearing her mother's electric tooth brush starting: "Mommy teeth!"
I got home yesterday and got a couple of small pretzels to nibble since the kids had already eaten their dinner and we were about to throw them in the bath: Rr asked for a "petzel" and when I reflexively said what I say to L ("say please!"), so Rr said "petzel pease!"
Not bad for 18 months.
</parental showing off>

<< Home