almost unbreakable
When I was a kid, we went on a family vacation to the south of France. My parents bought some glasses at the local hyper-marche, made by (or of) Duralex -- these became a by-word for durability; the last one to break had lasted something like 15 years...
Anyway, I mention this because last night I managed to break a glass made of the same material, and let me tell you when that stuff lets go it isn't screwing around. R and I spent 45 minutes painstakingly picking up and vacuuming shards, slivers, etc., and I still had to resort to the old bare foot test to find the last few pieces. Not a first-aid-approved method, but better than having a chunk lodged in the foot of a running child. And it does work as I discovered accidentally last time I broke a glass -- in the kitchen of a guest house in Reykjavik. The owner found me hopping out of the kitchen with L in my arms, glass on the floor, and blood dripping on the tiles.
Perhaps I should switch to plastic cups, like the children.
Anyway, I mention this because last night I managed to break a glass made of the same material, and let me tell you when that stuff lets go it isn't screwing around. R and I spent 45 minutes painstakingly picking up and vacuuming shards, slivers, etc., and I still had to resort to the old bare foot test to find the last few pieces. Not a first-aid-approved method, but better than having a chunk lodged in the foot of a running child. And it does work as I discovered accidentally last time I broke a glass -- in the kitchen of a guest house in Reykjavik. The owner found me hopping out of the kitchen with L in my arms, glass on the floor, and blood dripping on the tiles.
Perhaps I should switch to plastic cups, like the children.

<< Home