Sunday, May 21, 2006

bugger

I rented space in a storage facility on Friday, and today I managed to fill it on the first try. This was after the comedy of errors of trying to get their removal van into and out of the alley behind our house. Apparently I grossly understimated how much surplus crap we really have...

The weather's been amazing, so we periodically run outside with the kids, and my mother, who's in from California and being a huge help. Tonight we walked over to a local diner and had a very average dinner, but L enjoyed the table-side jukebox and R seemed to enjoy herself despite not obviously eating anything...

I'm a little worried that we may have missed the spring selling season for houses, which is when the vast majority of sales take place hereabouts -- but I suppose we can always defer until next year and enjoy our increasingly immaculate house... if that happens I could always cheer myself up by going into hock for the used Mini that someone a few blocks away is selling (green, Cooper engine and suspension upgrades, sunroof, oh yes oh yes...). Or maybe pigs will fly out of my ass.