gardening headway
I got most but not all of my moving prep work completed over the weekend, although I fell at the last jump today when the recycling guys showed up at 7 a.m. instead of mid-morning, and the ancient boxes from the garage weren’t outside… feh.
There were no Mother’s Day activities yesterday because 1) it’s a Hallmark holiday, and 2) there’s really nothing I could do in 24 hours for R to offset the rest of the year.
Still, R and L went to a parents-and-kids yoga class. I took Rr to Starbucks; we sat up at the window counter and she helped me eat a scone while I fended her away from my coffee. Then we went to Borders, where she alternated between giving me books that she already owns, and trying out different stuffed toys, just in case.
The real advantage of a 17 month old is that she forgets pretty quickly about these things, whereas I bet that later in the week L will ask repeatedly about why we wouldn’t buy her the Disney book of Beauty and the Beast (but Dad, it has Belle and I really want it!)
In the meantime, I am back at work with little to do. I may be forced to clean up my desk. (The horror!) The real challenge on days like this is to not spend money, either on food that I don’t actually need, or on the cornucopia of goods available via the interweb…

<< Home