Unconnected thoughts
Now that the leaves are 90% in, I'm back to one of the few things I like about my commute: coming down to the American Legion Bridge on the Beltway to cross into Virginia, where you're heading for a wall of trees. One of several places (like the GW parkway) where you'd hardly know you were in the midst of chronic sprawl. Being able to have the windows open and not freeze nor melt is a plus also.
----
I finally connected the dots a few days ago that I cannot both be a procrastinator in the morning and slow.
----
I am starting to lose patience with Blogger.
----
I find myself watching a lot more of VH1 Classic these days... how far off can I be from just giving up on new music altogether? They were showing Birthday by The Sugarcubes the other day and I was struck by how much younger Bjork looked (for a reason, obviously). She was pretty striking: I wonder if people would chat her up and then ask, "So who's your friend with the miniature trumpet and no inner monologue?"
(People ask my wife the same thing, and I don't even own any brass instruments. Damn.)
Actually, perhaps one of my U2-listening readers can help this: R drifted into the room while they were showing a video for "Sunday Bloody Sunday" as filmed live at Red Rocks. You can tell it's old because the Edge has a full head of hair and there's very little wear and tear on the bass player's mug. Does anyone know 1) when that was filmed, and 2) how old they were at the time?
It's not that there's specifically money riding on this, just the ability to say "I told you so," which has inherent value.
----
I finally connected the dots a few days ago that I cannot both be a procrastinator in the morning and slow.
----
I am starting to lose patience with Blogger.
----
I find myself watching a lot more of VH1 Classic these days... how far off can I be from just giving up on new music altogether? They were showing Birthday by The Sugarcubes the other day and I was struck by how much younger Bjork looked (for a reason, obviously). She was pretty striking: I wonder if people would chat her up and then ask, "So who's your friend with the miniature trumpet and no inner monologue?"
(People ask my wife the same thing, and I don't even own any brass instruments. Damn.)
Actually, perhaps one of my U2-listening readers can help this: R drifted into the room while they were showing a video for "Sunday Bloody Sunday" as filmed live at Red Rocks. You can tell it's old because the Edge has a full head of hair and there's very little wear and tear on the bass player's mug. Does anyone know 1) when that was filmed, and 2) how old they were at the time?
It's not that there's specifically money riding on this, just the ability to say "I told you so," which has inherent value.

<< Home