Obey

(This will be the first in a series of occasional photos on the blog. I am trying to make a virtue of my bad habit of taking pictures of places we visit and not including my travel companions.)
When we were in Reykjavik in June 2004, we were walking from Hallgrimskirkja back to Laugavegur, perhaps along Frakkastigur if I am reading the online map correctly.
Anyway, we came across this Andre the Giant stencil on a utility box. When R and I were first going out, we were living in Providence, Rhode Island, and a student at the Rhode Island School of Design (around the corner from where R lived) had started the whole Andre the Giant / Obey stencil virus.
So we were pretty entertained to see that it had made its way to Reykjavik. Whether the neighbours would feel any better to know the origins remains unknown -- to me, anyway.

<< Home