Back to two footballs
Now that (American) college football season is over (barring the Rose Bowl), I can start to get back to watching football as the rest of the world knows it. Or, as L might say, I can now go from watching touchdown ball to watching soccer ball.
I managed to see snippets of several games this weekend, specifically Juventus - Cagliari (live, my word Juventus are good, best commentary gaffe*), Osasuna - Mallorca (live, Osasuna not too shabby either), Birmingham - Fulham (not live in any sense, I fell asleep), and InterMilan - AC Milan (live, well worth it for the injury time winner for Inter.)
It didn't amount to much actual time watching -- perhaps not even 90 minutes total -- but it was good to get back in the swing of it, and to enjoy the cultural schizophrenia of occasionally switching over to American football on the "normal" channels.
* One of the match commentators on Cagliari: "They look like rabbits in traffic!!! [brief silence] ... rabbits in the headlights!"
I managed to see snippets of several games this weekend, specifically Juventus - Cagliari (live, my word Juventus are good, best commentary gaffe*), Osasuna - Mallorca (live, Osasuna not too shabby either), Birmingham - Fulham (not live in any sense, I fell asleep), and InterMilan - AC Milan (live, well worth it for the injury time winner for Inter.)
It didn't amount to much actual time watching -- perhaps not even 90 minutes total -- but it was good to get back in the swing of it, and to enjoy the cultural schizophrenia of occasionally switching over to American football on the "normal" channels.
* One of the match commentators on Cagliari: "They look like rabbits in traffic!!! [brief silence] ... rabbits in the headlights!"

<< Home