Countdown
How to fill in the time today? We took the kids to the Natural History Museum; L was especially impressed with the kangaroos and the duck-billed platypus. I was more impressed that they had a stuffed thylacine; I'd never even heard of one before today...
It was very mild, so I was thwarted on field-testing the windproof fleece. Feh. But I did squeeze in a trip to the supermarket so that we won't starve tomorrow. I also removed the girls from the house so that they weren't throttled by their mother.
We did some supplemental gift shopping: my mother-in-law ran short of inspiration and told R and me to just buy ourselves what we wanted. This was happy news as R & I had agreed to a personal limit in the wake of the disastrous car repair bill in November. (Fortunately for the children, their gifts had been bought in advance).
So anyway, I just happened to go by a T-Mobile shop while we were out. R's old phone died recently, and she hates my back-up phone... so I wandered in... oh hello, my pretty. Two shiny new phones are now ready and raring to go.
We've more or less got the gifts out. I had been going to post a picture of the childrens' stacks of pressies, taken for the annual martyr contest with my aunt and mother, but it's borderline offensive. We may have to celebrate Hannukah just to pace them... I know that it's mostly books and suchlike, but I feel tacky nevertheless.
I'm equally sure I'll get over it.
It was very mild, so I was thwarted on field-testing the windproof fleece. Feh. But I did squeeze in a trip to the supermarket so that we won't starve tomorrow. I also removed the girls from the house so that they weren't throttled by their mother.
We did some supplemental gift shopping: my mother-in-law ran short of inspiration and told R and me to just buy ourselves what we wanted. This was happy news as R & I had agreed to a personal limit in the wake of the disastrous car repair bill in November. (Fortunately for the children, their gifts had been bought in advance).
So anyway, I just happened to go by a T-Mobile shop while we were out. R's old phone died recently, and she hates my back-up phone... so I wandered in... oh hello, my pretty. Two shiny new phones are now ready and raring to go.
We've more or less got the gifts out. I had been going to post a picture of the childrens' stacks of pressies, taken for the annual martyr contest with my aunt and mother, but it's borderline offensive. We may have to celebrate Hannukah just to pace them... I know that it's mostly books and suchlike, but I feel tacky nevertheless.
I'm equally sure I'll get over it.

<< Home