pathos?
I found William slumped in a heap yesterday, in the corner of a box. He's a teddy bear who has been L's constant bed-time comfort for a long time -- as recently as our trip to California for Christmas, he was the only thing that she was worried about forgetting.
There have been other interlopers -- various dolls, stuffed animals, even a bear who goes by "Other William" -- but never for long.
So I asked L today why William was in the box in the living room, and she told me that she's not frightened of going to bed anymore, so she doesn't need him.
Today William, tomorrow Daddy?
There have been other interlopers -- various dolls, stuffed animals, even a bear who goes by "Other William" -- but never for long.
So I asked L today why William was in the box in the living room, and she told me that she's not frightened of going to bed anymore, so she doesn't need him.
Today William, tomorrow Daddy?

<< Home