tortilla ban
R decided to make tacos for dinner yesterday, and while they were tasty, in the aftermath I was forced to declare an edict that I would never have anticipated: she is banned from heating tortillas.
When she said that she was putting them in the oven to warm up, I assumed (silly me) that she would read my mind and know that you need to put them in tin foil so they don't become crisp bread... wrong. But then I would also lament the fact that it's still borderline impossible to find a warm-tortilla-holder on the east coast. Apparently this has never bothered her, because she's never actually had to heat a pack all at once. Which must be a function of growing up in Michigan, I suppose.
Since I've effectively stopped cooking, there's almost never anytex-mex on the menu, and it's no wonder this hasn't come up before. Plainly, if we are to avoid any further tortilla crisp incidents, I need to get back into the kitchen. The more so because it's become clear that L plainly doesn't believe I can cook, ergo I need to get my toque on, and sharpish.
When she said that she was putting them in the oven to warm up, I assumed (silly me) that she would read my mind and know that you need to put them in tin foil so they don't become crisp bread... wrong. But then I would also lament the fact that it's still borderline impossible to find a warm-tortilla-holder on the east coast. Apparently this has never bothered her, because she's never actually had to heat a pack all at once. Which must be a function of growing up in Michigan, I suppose.
Since I've effectively stopped cooking, there's almost never anytex-mex on the menu, and it's no wonder this hasn't come up before. Plainly, if we are to avoid any further tortilla crisp incidents, I need to get back into the kitchen. The more so because it's become clear that L plainly doesn't believe I can cook, ergo I need to get my toque on, and sharpish.

<< Home