Monday, January 09, 2006

still quiet, rodents

I'm not quite sure why it's still so quiet by the museums downtown but I'm not complaining. We were able to get L a trip on the carousel and then have a walk-through of the dinosaur collection at the Natural History Museum, with only minor spikes of fear about large skulls etc.

We also ate at the (pricey for what it was) cafe to save a meltdown (by me) on the way home, wherein L's good mood was only slightly dented by her sister casually stealing french fries...

As for Rodents: yesterday one of L's friends had a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's, and L was very ambivalent about the singing animatronic mouse. Specifically, she told me that "Daddy, I don't think that's a mouse, I think that's a rat!" The effect was spoiled a bit when she told one of the other parents, while revealing that her certainty over rats being bigger than mice was because she had seen a rat on our porch and that it was very big...


So, goodbye from the vermins' nest; until next time.