no luck at all
My first task this morning was to head to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) to renew the registration for R's car. There's a satellite office in a small shopping mall in Georgetown, so I headed there and was rewarded with very fast turnaround...
While I was sitting waiting, I was talking to a middle aged woman who was arranging for a gift-exemption on a car that her terminally ill father had given to her. She was telling me that last week she finally gave in after years of resistance, and bought a cell phone so that people could get in touch if her father should worsen.
So, on Friday she got onto a bus, catching the tail end of a call about her ill father, and some other woman started railing at her for being rude, and inconsiderate, and so on and so forth.
It was hard to tell whether she was more put out about having someone be so rude, or being accused of stereotypical cell-phone abuse on her third day of ownership...
While I was sitting waiting, I was talking to a middle aged woman who was arranging for a gift-exemption on a car that her terminally ill father had given to her. She was telling me that last week she finally gave in after years of resistance, and bought a cell phone so that people could get in touch if her father should worsen.
So, on Friday she got onto a bus, catching the tail end of a call about her ill father, and some other woman started railing at her for being rude, and inconsiderate, and so on and so forth.
It was hard to tell whether she was more put out about having someone be so rude, or being accused of stereotypical cell-phone abuse on her third day of ownership...

<< Home