Wednesday, January 18, 2006

work interrupts

Started today with an 8 a.m. meeting about a client's staff profile (whee!), covered a multitude of other sins until 5.20, hopped in the car to drive home while listening in on a 30 minute conference call (don't worry, had the hands-free device and largely ignored them), got home, ate dinner, bathed children, put another foul load of laundry in the machine, and then started back up with yet another sparkly project plan... which, due to my slowness in realizing that I had 90% of what I needed already, took 3 hours to complete...

WTF? At what point did my job turn into actual work? What the hell am I going to blog about now that I've described my likely days for the next couple of months (except for the working til 11 part; that nonsense will stop when new staff arrive in 10 days, hoo-ray.)

On a musical side note, I am still grooving on the second Franz Ferdinand disc.

And on a cinematic note, our trial with Netflix is not encouraging. We seem to be taking 2 - 3 weeks to actually watch any given film. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (was that right?) was pretty good, but Sholay and Dr Zhivago remain on tap...